Project: Strata Community Management
Case for Endorsement
A Case for Change has been developed by the Property Services IRC focussing on the relevance and demand for qualifications in strata community management. The Case takes into account:
- regulatory changes (both to licensing for strata managers and related legislative change for the built environment); as well as
- growing demand for skilled strata managers to meet the needs of increasing urban density and residential property development resulting in burgeoning numbers of strata schemes requiring management.
- SUPPORTS the deletion of CPP30416 Certificate III in Strata Community Management
- PROPOSES further industry consultation on the deletion of CPP50316 Diploma in Strata Community Management
- PROPOSES the formal review and strengthening of CPP40516 Certificate IV in Strata Community Management
At the June 2020 meeting of the Australian Industry and Skills Committee (AISC) a directive was issued to the IRC to delete the following qualifications from the National Register unless a valid reason for retaining them is provided:
- CPP30416 Certificate III in Strata Community Management
- CPP50316 Diploma in Strata Community Management
The Case for Change is expected to be reviewed by the AISC at their meeting in October. If approved, it will move to a project to develop a Case for Endorsement.
Project last updated: October 2020
This project has had 98 visitors.